I am Sneha.
Daughter. Sister. Wife. Mother. Animal lover. Photographer.Vegan.
Here's hoping that I manage to do what I set out to do when I created this blog, and provide you an informative and entertaining place to get great recipes and loads of other stuff!
Wish me luck!
Random stuff that defines me:
- This is the always true in my kitchen!!
- I hate odd numbers. I even eat my peas (and other legumes) two (or multiples thereof) at a time!
- I love tofu.... anyday, everyday! That said, lately I have been a bit shaken by the number of people who have told me that excessive soy may not be the best way to go. Although the info is not confirmed, I would rather stay safe, and mix it up with other types of milk, eg. almond, hazelnut, multigrain, etc.
- I HATE the word tasty! My best friend, Div, does a great job of turning me off by saying 'Tasty Chicken Curry Puff' a certain way!
- I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE animals, and have three beautiful kittens. Well, they're cats really, but they will always be my kittens. Tabby, BGA, Book and Mickey have been with me for years now. Tabby was our first, and she was 15 when she passed away in August of 2010. That was one of the most horrific events my family has ever been through. The other three imps are 5. My dad and mom were awesome enough to fly them in from Dubai! I LOVE them (cats and folks) to bits, and we will miss our darling Tabby always.
- I am EXTREMELY random, and have been known to change subjects several times in a conversation of a few minutes!
- I also hate the word pluck! Its YUCK! They rhyme for a reason, you know! :0p
- I don't really like cooking Indian food, because I think that its a real art form. Or maybe its just that I always manage to botch up the easiest dish! I love eating it though!
- I hope to own a business someday. I would love for it to be some form of photography cum bakery sort of setup. I am still trying to figure that out! :0p
- I love Italian food. Its easily my favorite cuisine!
- I love talking, and usually have to be told to shut-up!
- I love vegetables. Grilled, boiled, sauteed, broiled, roasted, steamed.... anyway! Just gimme some! :0)
- I write a 4-day a week column called Joystick for Bangalore Mirror, a Times of India tabloid-styled daily. I do reviews of video-games, and if you are a gaming-nut (like I am!), you can check it out here.
- I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEEEE a good laugh!! This widget really cracks me up:
Here are some awards that fellow bloggers have been so kind to bestow me with. Thanx you guys!! You make my blog go round!! :0D
Thanx a gazillion, Madhuri!! :0D